Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hook Display...and Granny Square Sampler Afghan

I've been asked by many as to how I display my hooks. I have an earthenware item that seems to be perfect at this time. I added enough rice...uncooked of course!...to let the hooks stand on their own and then I just "planted" them. A garden of hooks that really looks nice on the table :) and they are handy.

The item under the hooks is a work in progress...and has been for a while. I came across it while organizing...hah! But the beauty of this afghan is that it can be added to when one feels like doing a granny square. The squares do not match in size so it's fitted together. Here's a better picture. It's the "Granny Square Sampler Afghan" from an old Better Homes & Gardens hardcover book "Crochet&Knitting"; ISBN #0696001551; copyright 1977.


8 comments:

Mimi said...

Cutest idea ever. I am off to fill my grandmas's small crock with rice. My mouth just drops open when I look at your lovely things especially the thread projects. I am not a gifted thread crocheter or knitter deep sigh. Thanks for the cool hook display idea.

Pam said...

What a GREAT idea to display those FANTASTIC hooks your hubby makes!!

Love those granny squares!

Red883 said...

Hi!
Glad I could help! Go plain or fancy...it especially handy when you have more than one project going at once and have to switch a hook in a hurry. :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Anne

evvy garrett said...

Will now be looking for that 'perfect' bowl for my hooks! Though they are just plain ones, I know this idea will work great for me!

Maven said...

For a while there, what I was doing any time I learned a new motif, I'd do it in the same color yarn (all my sampler motifs) so then after I collect a bunch of them, I can stitch them together for an afghan --- love your sampler!

Unknown said...

I really like your afgahn and I was just able to order to book on e-Bay! I'm working on one right now called Babette that's the same square but different sizes and 8 different colors.

Anonymous said...

Dear, it's gorgeous!!!!!

Liis said...

This afgahn is so cool. I have looked some granny patterns for a blanket I want to make, but all I've come across is just some boring work. Yours is so beautiful and the colours are great!:)