Saturday, April 28, 2007

Organizing Crochet Books...Hardcover

I thought I'd mention a site called Library Thing for those of you who haven't heard of it. It was really helpful to me in keeping track of the hardcover crochet books (that are now organized in a bookcase...yay!!).

Even though it takes time initially I found it well worth it. And it's easy now to add one at a time as more (!!) are acquired.
My catalog of needlework books, more crochet than anything but there's a couple on sewing, can be seen here:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Red883

Some booklets come with an ISBN # so it's easier to list. One can also see who shares their interest...meaning they also have the same book in their library.

But what to do with all the magazines, leaflets, booklets, etc. that I can't list?? I love to look through them; they aren't and haven't been published in years. Old McCalls, Ladies Home Journal, Better Homes & Gardens, Woman's Day, Family Circle...mostly all from the 1970's.
Funny, but one can really see that "what goes around, comes around...". Not too different in style from what's being touted as new today...except that there are much nicer yarns today...from plain to specialty with greater color varieties.

The magazines are being organized slowly but surely. I also like the idea of large binders for patterns printed from the net to be organized by category...afghans, baby items, etc. At least I won't have to go through LARGE PILES of papers everytime I'm looking for something.
Scary! Maybe I'll be able to find what I'm looking for...

PS. I also listed my cookbooks...yes, seems I have quite a collection of those. Listed under a different name they number more than twice the amount of crochet books...
Does that mean I cook more than I crochet?? Not!!

No comments: