Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hooked Scarves by MHubert...3 more scarves

Margaret Hubert is a favorite designer. My husband and I first met her at last year's CGOA convention in King of Prussia, PA. She's not only a very talented designer but a very lovely lady. We hope to meet up with her at this year's CGOA convention in Manchester, NH.

The above 3 scarves are from her book "Hooked Scarves". Far left: The "Handsome Basket-Weave Scarf" on page 72. I took it a step farther by making it very long and using a Colibri Flausch Austrian yarn from my stash. This scarf's a "keeper". Middle: It's the "Cuddly Pompoms Scarf" on page 62 made in LB Velvet Spun "Bluebell". Instead of gathering the ends and putting on a pompom--I added fringe in a complimentary nylon color. Right: "The Mixed Greens Scarf" on page 55 made with 3-4 different textured yarns. Absolutely love this scarf done in pinks. I've already made one in orange/browns/gold and sold it at the last craft show done in March.

No comments: